Wylde by Sawyer Bennett Book Review


Wylde



by Sawyer Bennett
Genre: SportsContemporary Romance
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars



MY REVIEW

"This is probably fated for disaster. But I like you, Clarke."

Clearly, "fame clearly isn't everything" - I can just hear Professor Snape saying thing over and over again in my head after I finished reading the book.


Oddly the book was not as intense as I expected it to be. I don't even know why I expected intensity when, let's be real here, I have not read any books in this series so I really have no room to judge. I have Dominik's book just sitting here with me and I somehow just didn't know how I missed reading it. Anyways, I figured at the end of reading Wylde that the whole reason I got the book in the first place was because of the blurb. Honestly, it sounded intense and so good to me.


They are like worlds apart but they ultimately have something in common that makes their bond possibly stronger is part of the compatibility formula.

I sometimes felt like Aaron was walking on tippy toes because of how he always want to make sure Clarke doesn't get offended or he isn't pushing her off. Which is sweet since he is so careful and he only wants Clarke to feel like she could trust him but it also was annoying how a perfectly good they were together only to be pulled by the reality of Clarke's past.

Clarke's bravery was what stood out. It wasn't much about making the first move but more about overcoming the fear of what might go down and just leaping up in to her supposed future. Annnnddd, she propbably couldn't count on playing poker to save her life because her emotions shows 100% on her face.

I disliked the playboy persona in a lot of ways and I never really believed Aaron when he implies sometimes that the life style was behind him. He did show so much interest with Clarke but you know, a person just won't change in a snap or even in a matter of weeks. That was obviously his 'lifestyle' so for you to just up and leave it in a snap? I don't know how it would turn out in say like a year or 2 in the relationship. But this is me asking it to become a reality. Aaron was very Witty and Smart, I'll give him that! Also, he was the smoothest talker ever!

But you know what, despite what I thought of Aaron, this book showed me exactly what it means to actually want to change for someone. Not because you need to change to please them but you actually want to be better FOR them.





*Wylde by Sawyer Bennett eBook Review*

Book Overview

There’s a reason they call me Wylde and it’s not just because it’s my last name.

I might be one of the newest players on the Arizona Vengeance team, but I’m no stranger to the celebrity that goes along with being a professional hockey player. Whether it’s a fan seeking an autograph or a puck bunny looking for more, I’ve grown used to the attention. I not only thrive on it; I use it to my advantage. Let’s just say my bed is rarely empty.

When a quirky redhead at the local bookstore stops me dead in my tracks, I decide to pop in and turn on the trusty Wylde magic. As smart and strong-willed as she is beautiful, Clarke Webber isn’t swayed by my witty banter or charming good looks. And when she realizes who I am and the fame that comes along with it, she likes me even less. Thankfully, I’m always up for a challenge. The more I get to know about her, the more I know my playboy days are behind me.

If I’m going to capture Clarke’s heart, it’s time to be a lot less Wylde, and a lot more Aaron.

Connect with the Author
 







0 comments