The Trade by Meghan Quinn BOOK REVIEW


The Trade

The Trade 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports Romance


MY REVIEW


Not settling for less does not only apply to the ladies. If you want to know what I mean then get on with reading this one!

description

I'm telling you right now, this is one of the best that I've read this year! Bad time right person, right time wrong place and all the FEELS!

description

I could honestly just go on and on about this book. My emotions were everywhere! I loved how Cory just doesn't want to settle for less, I love that THEY HAVE A THING after their date and that Cory's good guy persona is just about to make me ball out and cry.

At some point I said, this man sounds more like an inexperienced boy than a man but at the end I understood that he really do have a plan and he is not settling for anything but that or more!

Right off the bat I knew I was going to get sucked by it. I mean, the blurb was it for me. I was sold when I first glanced at it and after reading it I was completely head over heels! The thrill of their chemistry was the best. I felt it the first time they met, the next and even after they had the fall out it was still palpable.


description

Looking back, I remember how I did like the 'The Locker Room' and that the chemistry between Knox and Emory were intense and they were hilarious but I was not prepared with how deep and fascinating Nat and Cory was! (I did not read Jason's Story) Their story is completely far from what the first book was about. So much for years of passion about the sport that you love and protecting your heart because it just got burned by the one person you thought was IT!"

I don't want to give spoilers here but it is true that Natalie (the h) is married when we all get to know her in the book and yes, she got her heart broken but if you thought that she was unfaithful - she wasn't. I mean, appreciating another man is not bad right? But, if you say she moves fast then I guess she did but let me tell you something, they did not rush!

I could say with all that I am that CORY FUCKING PORTER is the man that stood out! I don't even know why but there was nothing I disliked about him. He had the character of a perfect husband and his mental state! Lord if all men had that women would rejoice! Maybe its the fact that he is old enough to know exactly the difference between wants and needs but whatever it is, I am so impressed with this guy! How he showed respect, how he valued Nat and how he knows he needs to do better in life in just, just in general. Meghan Quinn wrote his character perfectly!

Also, can we talk about how the supporting casts in this one just really came together? I understand that its made that way but a lot of things just makes sense like Nat's sister, Emory, Knox, just all of them.


description






*The Trade by Meghan Quinn by Kendall Ryan Epub Review*

Book Overview

Can you pinpoint a time in your life where you realized you are completely and utterly screwed?

I can. I got the dreaded phone call, the one every baseball player hopes and prays never comes.

I was traded. Yeah, that phone call.

Traded from my long time team of over ten years. And not just to any team, but my childhood rivals; the Chicago Rebels.

Completely and utterly screwed, right? Wrong. The trade was the least of my concerns.

I met a girl. Natalie. Man, she's perfect.

I swore I would never get involved with anyone during the season. Too complicated. But can you believe I have zero restraint when it comes to this girl? I couldn't get her out of my head and the more I talked to her, the more I realized I needed her in my life.

So what's the problem? Why am I screwed? Because, Natalie, the girl I can't stop crushing on, yeah... she's married.

At least, that's what I was told...

Connect with the Author





0 comments