Save The Date by Monica Murphy BOOK REVIEW


Save The Date

Series: Dating #1
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Genre: Chick Lit, Contemporary Romance



MY REVIEW



It's barely a second chance romance. It's more like, how about we see what we could have been if we happened?

It's like a blast from the past but you were really young so you barely remember anything and now that it's back in your life you were thinking how did you not see what it could have been if you did anything about it?


First, It has been quite a while since I last read a good chick lit. I actually picked this book up awhile back and it just got stuffed in the back so when I came back to read the blurb again, I realized why I even picked it up. Chick Lit Romances always always has that feel good ending which at some point is what we always look for especially after reading some other genres with serious tones, angst or something that would drive our emotional sense to a roller coaster.

Second, There were a lot going on in this books and I thought it hard to believe that it was only around 300 pages. There were also multiple conflicts which I absolutely love. I mean, the story just keeps rolling every time I think it was finally their moment.

Frankly speaking, I did not feel the characters chemistry the instant they were introduced. The chemistry only became apparent to me half way through. It wasn't for the lack of effort in trying to get them to fit in but it was mostly because there were other things going on aside from their getting together. I loved that these characters have a back story but I wanted a little more background about what went down when they were younger. I think it would have made their chemistry that much stronger.

Caroline is more like a realist and that was what I loved about her. At some part of the book I literally said, I love my girl who can indeed stand on her own and not be distracted to protect her feelings. Alex is your typical rich-workaholic hero who would also move mountains just to satisfy his lover.

I actually wanted more from the ending, I mean don't we always? But this one in particular, the epilogue was just missing something. I don't claim it to be faulty or anything but I'm not always just satisfied because we got to the epilogue. I wanted to maybe have more of the characters before we get to that point but it was absolutely a refreshing read, not overly steamy and not boring either.




*Save The Date by Monica Murphy Epub Review*

Book Overview

Caroline Abbott knows her way around bridezillas.

Working at a stationery store means helping engaged couples pick out the perfect save-the-date
cards and invitations for their dream weddings—a dream job.

Until the bridezilla of the day belongs to her first kiss, Alexander Wilder. He’s all grown up now, running his family’s luxury hotel chain, and even hotter than she remembers from that scorcher of a smooch.

So when Caroline catches his fiancée half-naked with another man, she has to tell him. And Alex has to break it off. And of course, the ex-bridezilla goes completely bonkers.

Good thing Caroline has plenty of experience—and friends to help save her.

She also has the sudden interest of Alex, who has a proposal of his own for her. Is it just a rebound for him, or does he also feel the same spark that drew them together all those years ago?

Connect with the Author




0 comments