Puck Buddies by Lili Valente Book Review

Puck Buddies  

Book Title: Puck Buddies 
Genre: ROMANCE, SPORTS 
Series: Bad Motherpuckers #6
Author: Lili Valente 

🧐 My Review  🧐

Have you heard about fromance? No? Then you need to read this book to know all about it. Best friends to lovers romance with really cute initiatives from both ends.

Fromance, it was the best thing I've ever taken from this book so cheers to that.

The best friends to lovers story lines are on my top five favorites and I must say that after reading the previous books from this series, it was not what I expected. My expectation was actually way, way up there because for the love of god, the previous book 'Pucked Up Love' was impressive to me. It was like a step up from the 4th installment only to take two steps down when we got to the 6th one. Maybe the last book in this series did a number on me that's why I feel bad for not overly rejoicing after reading this one.

Look, it has been portrayed in the previous books from this series that Shane Wallace is not the brightest one out of all of them and he even thinks this is true but no one deserved a much happier ending than he does. It was like from the beginning up to the end I was rooting for him regardless of what he chooses to do. I feel like me and Shane could've been great friends if he was a real person. All traits of being a good friend is already with him and by this realization, I couldn't actually fault Bree for not seeing things further when they first bonded since he was really good at being a friend. STILL, it sucks that she went in to their relationship with motives instead of genuine feelings in the beginning.

Sometimes the things you thought was ideal and meant for you isn't always the case. Bree is around my age. Lili did so well in portraying her attitude and character. She is undecided but motivated, loyal and very much wants everything to just go well with her life no matter how crazy her ideas get. She just thinks just like how everyone on her age thinks. Some might consider this juvenile but it's definitely how the mind of a girl on her early 20s work. Though some characters have seen strong independence on their early 20s when portrayed in other books, it gives me satisfaction knowing that there are indeed characters like Bree, written just like how they should be acting.

There wasn't really a huge backstory to Bree and Shane's friendship. Maybe this was the whole reason why the start of this all was borderline boring. Not a little bit of a flash back or a huge memory or at least a small hint of how Bree saw Shane when she was still dating that guy whom she ended up in jail for from the previous book. Everything was just moving forward and I didn't even feel like it was the right time for Bree to confess her love to Shane when she did. It was confusing. She only started seeing him differently and she was definitely motivated by something else. This was why they were all hanging out. She had a motivation on why she was seeing Shane, it just didn't make sense how she could fall in love with him so quickly when she previously have mentioned not having a strong feeling for him except from that palpable chemistry and Shane's obvious advances to becoming more than a friend. Honestly, even on the previous book, not much was mentioned. However, the epilogue made me extremely happy. Giddy even. I loved loved the forever part! Honestly, the few chapters before the end was not all bad. The first parts were just not exciting for me.

The conflict was not that major but it was very realistic. Something about having to get over distance just to be with each other and just when everything was good, it wasn't backed up by nature.

Book Overview

Bree Marks is my best friend... My secret crush…

And—wait for it—cursed with a deadly allergy to erecto-plasm. As in she’ll seriously swell up and die if seminal fluid even touches her. Which means finding the perfect guy to punch her V card is literally a matter of life and death.


She wants a no-strings summer fling, but she needs someone she can trust. A puck buddy who isn’t going to get overly emotional. Someone who’s as savvy in the sack as he is on the ice.

That’s where I come in. It’s a simple request, really—and one I would be happy to honor.

If it weren’t for the whole life-and-death thing.

If I hadn’t just been traded to a team thousands of miles away from this girl who makes me think not all relationships are a losing game.

If I wasn’t already crazy in love with her.

This arrangement is a disaster waiting to happen, but the heart wants what it wants, and mine wants Bree, danger and all.

PUCK BUDDIES is a sexy, standalone romantic comedy from USA Today bestseller Lili Valente. 



Connect with the Author
 





*Puck Buddies by Lili Valente Epub Review*





0 comments