Secondary Colors by Aubrey Brenner Book Review

Secondary Colors  
Book Title: Secondary Colors
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Aubrey Brenner

Book Overview

Love is weakness.
Love is unkind.
Love is selfish.
I know better than anyone else. Having made the mistake once before, I refuse to give myself to anyone, body or mind. My heart isn’t even an option. Fresh out of college, I plan to spend my final summer home in the small town of Aurora, New Hampshire with my loving, flighty mother and old friends, my eyes set on the future. That’s before I’m welcomed home by a beautifully flawed drifter, in search of his own. It’s hardly love at first sight. More like loathe. He creeps under my skin from the moment he refuses to acknowledge my existence.
But, it’s hard to deny there’s something in the way he watches me, the way his presence calms and electrifies me, bringing something dead inside to life again. He’s been jaded by his own loss and heartache. It’s burned into his very being. I want to know Holt Turner—and that terrifies me to death.

My Review

The twists in this book was unexpected to say the least. But what is even more unexpected is that I actually thought she was going to make the same mistakes twice. What that mistake is, is for you to discover and for me to know.

The characters were very strong and the heroine has so much passion that I couldn't help but actually feel her. To my very bones. Okay, that's a bit exaggerated but she was so full of hope and love and I don't know, everything but she wasn't very social and even if that is a fact she's still something. The hero on the other hand was closed off. It's probably the reason why I couldn't give the book the perfect stars because up until the end of the story, he was a mystery to me. And I don't like ending a book without getting in deep with the characters, it's what drives me to read; the different personalities and life stories. Anyway, he's shared some but I want to know more, I want a limelight on him and not only focus on the heroine even if, for the most part, this is her story. 

I really liked how everything went about. The closures and acceptances was gratifying and the ending was just, sigh. This book is worth the read from cover to cover.

Thirty Days: Part Two by Belle Brooks ARC Book Review

Thirty Days Part 2 (Thirty Days, #2)  
Book Title: Thirty Days: Part 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Belle Brooks
Published: November 11, 2016
Purchase Book: AMAZON

Book Overview

“Life is not always as it seems, Abigail, it can be masked by many disguises.”

Memories are defined as the faculty by which the mind stores and remembers information.

What would you do if you learned your memories were incorrect? That they’d been stored to hide a bitter truth? Is this even possible?

Abigail McMillian knows now it is, after a life she chose to forget—a life she chose to change, comes flooding back. Suffering from retrograde amnesia triggered by a fall, Abigail must now try to piece together her real memories from the ones she fictionally created.

Face to face with Marcus again, the love of her life and the man she’s forgotten for seven years, Abigail’s left with one decision to make:
remember the pain she chose to erase, or remain forever blissful, fictitious in a world of her own creation.

That’s unless all is not what it seems.

My Review

Why am I not surprised that this book got absolutely amazing books? Because this book is absolutely brilliant. Okay, before I shower you with all my praises about how wonderful this book and this sequel is, let me just take couple of steps back to after I ended the book and realized that again, there is another book in the next 30 days. I've never been a fan of cliffhangs. Normally, I've already tossed these kinds of books out because I do not like waiting for the next book, I want the instant HEA. Let me emphasize my 'never been a fan', if I read a book that hasn't ended in one cover to cover, I would feel absolute rage. And that's exactly how I felt after reading yet another cut story. I'm never a fan -I will never get it if you're a fan of cliffhangs- and I will never be a fan. Seriously, this is the only thing that will never change when it come to my reading.

So, back to the book. If you won't feel any sympathy or love, or any other emotion after reading this book, there's 60% chance you aren't a human, 30% you aren't paying attention and 10% you skipped. Thank goodness I finally got to the part where the most awaited revelation was told. Damn, what I predicted after reading the first book was not met. It was completely a different concept from what I imagined it will be. Abigail shows in this book how brave and strong she really is and that she literally just, held my attention through and through. I loved it every minute of it.

If this book doesn't even make it to you 'want-to-read' shelf, then you are missing out buddy. This book is definitely worth the read. Oh, let me rephrase that, this whole Series is worth the read and it just would be a shame if you missed out on reading such great and heart felt story.


Born in Australia, Belle Brooks has always had a passion for books and creative writing. She loves exploring the different ways stories can be told through the use of text and in-depth characters. Since she was a child her strong talent and interest in creative writing was evident, explaining that her favourite class in school was English. Despite her love for all things books, she decided the world of advertising and marketing was where she could put her talents to use in the business realm, well that is until now. Belle enjoys creative writing and creating fictional stories that leave a valued message inside the pages.

Sweet Tricks: A Love Bites Novella by Maggie Dallen Book Review

Sweet Tricks: A Love Bites Novella  
Book Title: Sweet Tricks: A Love Bites Novella
Genre: Romance
Author: Maggie Dallen

Book Overview

Tabitha and her friends are ready for a change--they're fresh out of college and ready for a new start, which means saying goodbye to their bad habits when it comes to men. For Tabitha that means swearing off bad boys once and for all. But that's easier said than done when she finds herself sharing an apartment with Jack, the bad boy to end all bad boys. Jack has an annoying tendency to come to her rescue, make her laugh, and give her kisses that leave her begging for more. As if their instant attraction doesn't make staying away hard enough, why does her new bad boy have to be so good?

My Review

It's blind feelings that allows you to move in with someone whom you know is not known to be the forever kind but repeating the same mistake twice? You're very gullible then. And if that record still makes you trust yourself, then your more pathetic than everyone else.

I though the story was just plain cute and was a good at-the-moment read. It didn't held my attention much but it did entertain me at times when I needed a book to continue reading for a short time.

Aussie: A Bad Boy Second Chance Romance by Kate Dawes & Ava Catori Book Review

Aussie: A Bad Boy Second Chance Romance  
Book Title: Aussie: A Bad Boy Second Chance Romance
Genre: Romance
Author: Kate Dawes & Ava Catori

Book Overview

Cocky. Sexy. That's how everyone described Luke.

His beach-perfect body and rugged Australian accent made him the envy of everyone who knew him. Guys wanted to be like him, girls wanted to be with him.

He lived with us after he lost his parents. We bonded in ways I never expected, but Luke kept his distance for reasons I never understood.

Sometimes I hated him, especially when he got himself into trouble and vanished. I never knew what became of him. My parents wouldn't allow it. They said he was dangerous...

Seven years later, we've collided once again.His cockiness matured into a more subdued, strong confidence. He may still have that dark side, but I'm drawn to him more than I ever was, and this time he's not pushing me away.

Secrets have a way of coming to light, and when the truth about what happened back then is revealed, nothing will be the same.

My Review

This is like a lust out of nowhere after not seeing your friend for so long. Okay so maybe there was that scene where they saw each other again after years without really recognizing each other. 

I thought the story went really well, like, the flow was really smooth and there wasn't too much drama even though I thought the heroine was acting off after the conflict. I actually expected some big and explosive conflict but either way I was satisfied with how the book went. The characters were good, they were portrayed well but I'm just not really partial with the heroine. I didn't really connect much to her like I did with the hero because I kind of think sometimes her actions aren't very mature and off but, I did find both characters fit for each other.