Jock Road by Sara Ney Book Review

In bed with her best friend  
Book Title: Jock Road
Genre: Sports Romance
Series: Jock HardAuthor: Sara Ney 

Book Overview

EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Those are Jackson Jennings, Jr’s three mantras . His entire life, he’s been a trained athlete with only one end-game: the Pro’s. No girls. No parties. No alcohol.

EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Repeat.

Every Friday night, Triple J cruises the strip on campus, bored, lonely and conditioned not to party. But the night he meets Charlotte Edmonds on the side of the road, he wonders if his three mantras will ever be enough.

BIG. DUMB. JOCK.

Charlie has no time for Jackson’s antics. Not when he’s stealing her food or teases her to no end, making her tingle in all the right places. But if she’s ever going to have a boyfriend, she’d choose one who isn’t a Neanderthal. One with manners and actual time to spend with her. Not a hulking man-child who cruises the strip at night, in his Big. Dumb. Truck.
 

My Review

How is it possible that this series just keeps getting better and better? It was not too long ago that I rated the first book in the Jock Row series with 5-stars and now here I am again, putting up a 5-stars flag on this freakishly well written third installment.


Aside from the fact that the hero actually has an interesting sex life history and there is also this fact that they obviously are very into heated arguments, what really sealed for me was how well these characters were mixed up. Both the hero and heroine have such strong personalities. Literally what kept me going was their personalities. The very open at the same time feisty heroine cracks me up most of the time and while the hero is a little bit all over the place, I find his honesty and preservation very reasonable especially with his upbringing history.

There is something I wished was elaborated more and that is the climax of this book. It's not as heated as I would've expected. Of course, I was expecting something more explosive because the book was really doing so well with great characters and all that but, well, it kind of tipped a little bit in that area. Still, I thought this was outstanding and I certainly wouldn't mind re-reading.

 


*Jock Road by Sarah Ney Epub Review*


FAVORITE LINES/PARTS FROM THE BOOK

Have you read Jock Road by Sara Ney?   "How the hell did we go from me wanting to talk to her blowing me to me inviting her to spend the night? Jesus, I work fast." Have you read Jock Road by Sara Ney?  "When you love someone, your eyes dont roam-that's the kind of love I'm looking for. That's the kind of love I deserve." Have you read Jock Road by Sara Ney?  "I don't do casual-I go all in or not at all, and right now,  I don't have time for women."

 

0 comments