Baking With A Rockstar by Jasmin Miller Book Review


Baking With A Rockstar  
Book Title: Baking With A Rockstar
Genre: ROMANCE
Series: Brooksville #1
Author: Jasmin Miller

Book Overview

A fun, sweet, and sexy romance with a swoon-worthy rockstar and a single mom that will make your heart burst with happiness.

Rockstar Hudson Mitchell is over the glitz and spotlight of the music industry. Desperate for a break from the fast-paced life of fame, he retreats to the one place that has always been home.

Brooksville, California.

It's the same place where Charlie has taken refuge, trying to build a life for herself and her young daughter. The quiet, small-town atmosphere and her new bakery venture are exactly what she needs to pick up the pieces of her shattered past.

As they spend more time together, neither of them is prepared for the effect Charlie has on Hudson, and how important she would become for his career.

My Review

Oh it wasn't all just flowers and balloons alright. It was a hell of a lot more and I did not just decide to whip up a 5-stars rating for this. I try really hard to rate the books I read in a deeper manner. Basically, this got my whooping 5 because everything about this book seemed to be thought out of a real life in a lot of sense like family, practicality, life, independence, love and even the timings and pace. I never felt rushed or that it was too quick while I was reading it. To me, it was all set on a perfect pace and not all books could have that sense.

So, here's the tea that hopefully doesn't count as a spoiler. Charlie is now a single mom who decided to fly across the country and live with her grandma's BFF. She' very responsible, very likable (as they always are), and very focused on her goals after the chaos that she went through in the past. This 'Rock-star' named Hudson is believed to be swoon worthy with all his looks and donations to family, friends or whomever else he did good. He's back because he needs some light. And light is what he got.

Believe me when I say all those are just icings on a big cake. A lot went on with this book that put me through some really unpleasant thoughts regarding the characters. Like the fact that I thought for sure single mom is just going to suck it up and own up to her feelings regardless of what was at stake but I'm impressed that she wasn't made out to be like that. I liked how practical she is. Once you read this, you'll know what I mean by practical cause at her age, she shouldn't be but she is because she HAD to be. Charlie was cautious but weak and Hudson, no matter how swoon worthy he might've been described in the book, I imagined him to be more normal. He seemed like the type who understands and wants what was best for himself and for the people around him and on top of all this, he's tired. I mean that. Even if it wasn't on his plans, he's definitely looking to retire.

I'm here because I read a previous book from this author which was a short and sweet novella but I didnt think that was amazing. I thought this was great and a really well thought and written book. This will definitely be one of those that I would reach out to if I would want a light but full of life read.


 


*Baking With A Rockstar by Jasmin Miller Epub Review*

0 comments