Conflicted by Lisa Suzanne (Release + ARC Review)

Conflicted  
Book Title: Conflicted 
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Lisa Suzanne
Published: September 12, 2016
Purchase Book: AMAZON US| UK| CA| AU

Book Overview

“Be a good little assistant and go get me some coffee.”

Comments like this are why I hate my boss. Since taking over as CEO of Benson Industries, Cole Benson has been demeaning, arrogant, and infuriating.

For as much as I hate him, I can’t stop thinking about him. A captivating attraction passes between us each time his dark eyes meet mine. As the late nights and business trips add up, we are compelled to cross the line of our professional relationship.

But how can I call him my boyfriend when I already have a husband?



EXCERPT



“Hey, Nicki,” he greeted the leggy blonde who he sat next to at lunch. Her eyes zeroed in on me.
“Oh, I didn’t know you had company.”
Cole glanced over at me. “She’s not company. She’s just my assistant.”
Just my assistant.
Just my assistant.
I thought about his words with disappointment.
Just when I started to think that there could be something between us, I was put back in my place. Shoved back into place, really. I’d gotten carried away with the kiss, that was all. It hadn’t meant to him what it might’ve meant to me.
I was relegated back to his assistant. Not the woman he kissed and would’ve taken to bed had we not been interrupted.
“Is now a good time?” Nicki asked.
“Let’s chat in the hall.”
He followed her out, closing the door behind him.
Guilt washed over me.
I’d been ready to do so much more than kiss Cole.
It wasn’t fair to John, and it wasn’t fair to me. But life wasn’t fair, and I could stand in place all day thinking about how wrong it was or I could do something about it.
I wasn’t sure exactly what to do about it, but the walls of the huge hotel suite were suddenly suffocating me. I needed to get out.
I grabbed my purse and my phone, making sure I had my key, and I walked out the door.
Cole was standing too close to Nicki—or maybe Nicki was standing too close to Cole—but it wasn’t my business. I was just his assistant. I brushed past the two of them, my legs carrying me toward the elevator as I struggled to catch my breath.
Maybe his eyes were on me, and maybe they weren’t—but I didn’t check to see. Either way, it didn’t matter. Because I was just his assistant.

I was married, and I’d just kissed another man.


My Review


What was I thinking when I signed up for this? I don't mean to be ungrateful but I actually am wondering why I actually signed up for this book. I know, all I wanted was to get out of my comfort zone and try my hands at this close to real life situation and I'm all out of my zone now, alright.

Ummm besides the fact that I'm very very much not in favor of what has happened here, I didn't like how everything turned out on the way to the end. The conflict in the book was good but I preferred a really rough road, because this is heavy stuff, and my expectations was barely met. 

Every negative thing was eaten away by the characters though. The characters is what I really loved about this book. Anyone in this situation is bound to act juvenile especially the ones that got hurt but as for Cole, Lucy and her husband everything was really on set. The realizations and acceptance of the characters is what made me think less of their situation and that is why I'm giving this book a four thumbs up!




ABOUT AUTHOR

Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and baby boy. She’s a part-time college instructor and former high school English teacher. When she's not cuddling baby Mason, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.



There is a $25 AMAZON Gift Card Giveaway

0 comments