(BRT) For the Love of Dixie by Shyla Colt

For the Love of Dixie (Kings of Chaos Book, #3)  
Book Title: For the Love of Dixie
Series: Kings of Chaos 3
Genre: Interracial
Author: Shyla Colt

Book Overview

After having her heart broken by Echo, Dixie Dunn makes a new life for herself, away from the Kings Of Chaos. Now, she must return in order to get her stubborn father back to fighting shape after a heart attack. She knows she’ll have to face Echo, as he has made it clear over the years that she still belongs to him. But she refuses to give him any chance to crush her heart again. 

Echo, Joel Spencer knows that Dixie hates him, but he also knows she yearns for him. After being forced by his hateful father to practically leave her at the altar when they were teens, he realizes that he has his work cut out for him. One thing is on his side, he knows what she wants and needs. This time, he WILL make her his again, and to hell with whoever gets in his way.

My Review

It was good but I just was not really in it. Just recently I got over my issues of reading books that are interracial and it felt really awesome to have another book to read about that genre because the plots are always the heavy ones but, I guess I was expecting too much with this one.

First, I could say that individually, Joel and Dixie has a very solid personality. They were very strong and driven that they could have the power to lift the world on their shoulders if they choose the wiser path. The alpha/angst just didn't do it for me. Yes, Joel is insanely hot but he was an ass and a coward. I mean, I normally would think hero's like Joel is hot but there was just something about him that I instantly didn't like. Maybe it was because I thought his father was a huge ass loser. So yeah, I thought individually the characters were great and with their love was hard to point out but it's there and even though I've skipped some parts and have read some moments that weren't really cute, I thought the book was a good/okay read. I think I would've loved Echo and Dixie's love story if Echo could tone down a bit of his alpha stunts.

0 comments