(BRT) Beneath The Lies by Riann C. Miller

Beneath the Lies  
Book Title: Beneath The Lies
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Riann C. Miller
Purchase: AMAZON USUK

Book Overview

Beneath the lies are emerald eyes.

Growing up an only child, Kate Reynolds lived a normal, almost sheltered life. When the unthinkable happens and Kate is left all alone in the world, and set to inherit her parents’ fortune, she discovers the evils that truly exist.

Gavin Loman has a tumultuous past: losing his father at a young age, a mother with a destructive personality, and buried secrets even he does not truly understand the depths of. Striking out on his own, he is finally making a name for himself . . . until a green-eyed girl who haunts his dreams comes crashing into his life.

When hidden truths are unveiled and pasts collide, Gavin must protect those he loves from becoming victims to the terrors of his childhood. However, not everything is as it seems . . .

What would you do if everything you held dear was threatened? When the truth you believed is weaved with lies?

My Review

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

I fell in love with the book description. By the time I was on the first few chapters I was in deep. The beginning was absolutely perfect that I got sucked by it and I thought this book was going to be good I have to carry on and I carry on I did, asap.

Kate and Gavin's first few chapters were quiet cute, add the fact that Gavin's like a big alpha male and everything for me was perfectly in place. Then it was about a few chapters ahead that everything started to feel different for me. The conflicts gave me headache. Literally. I wasn't expecting so many troubles from this book but every time the book heads up a chapter it was slowly becoming like a drama movie. I am not just talking about the story, I am talking about the characters. Both are slightly immature. I mean, Kate is not very well acquainted with relationships and Gavin is very much acting like a sixteen year old around Kate, towards the end, their relationship just got a little more confusing for me.

I still love the book description and I loved the plot very much. The thing that was off for me were the things that I did not quiet get. The way the characters were towards each other is somewhat like a behavior of teens not very mature-ish or at least not how a father should act. I liked it, enjoyed it but yeah I did hesitate to give this 4 stars but decided that it was worth it.

JOIN THE GIVE AWAY!
There is a giveaway for a $25 Amazon gift card

0 comments