(BRT) Resentment by Nicole London

Resentment  
Book Title: Resentment
Genre: New Adult
Author: Nicole London

Book Overview

Re•sent•ment

The act of hating – no, fucking loathing Dean Collins. (Yes, I’m well aware that’s not the actual definition, but it might as well be . . .)

It’s been ten years since we've seen each other and the feelings are still as strong.

I’m not going to bore you with all the details of how our love was once intoxicating, consuming, and perfect.

Because it was . . . until it wasn't.

I've been fine without him. I haven’t missed his cruelty, his coldness and his spite. 

And after the ugliest breakup in the history of breakups, I forced myself to move on. 

Year by year, the feelings I had for him slowly drifted away, but one encounter with him recently changed everything. One encounter made me realize how the heart doesn't forget shit, and how my mind is going to have to work overtime to make sure I never forget my definition of resentment.

My Review

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

I hate hate hate hate hate HATE Dean!
I thought that when I get to the getting back together part Dean would be much better than he was but he wasn't. I still hated him at the end of the book and I hate that I feel that way.

This book was written very well and I absolutely love the story-line and Mia. I expected too much realization and change with Dean but he was just not the Hero that I had in mind. I did not expect him to be so selfish and to be an absolute idiot throughout the whole book but he was. I was so angry at him. I still am.  

Bottom-line, if I was Mia, I would never end up with Dean. There is absolutely no way I'm going to accept him after everything.

Having said this, it is very obvious that this book made me feel emotions that I can't believe I still can't get over. Anyway, Resentment is a good read. My first book from Nicole London and I think I will give her future books a try because while I am impressed with everything, the Hero just didn't do it for me.

*Can I just add that Mia's best friend is annoying? Like I almost skipped their convos because she's just annoying af*

0 comments