(BRT) Sacked by Jen Frederick

Sacked (Gridiron, #1)  
Book Title: Sacked (Gridiron)
Genre: New Adult
Author: Jen Frederick
Purchase on AMAZON

Book Overview

What he wants he gets... 

Knox Masters is a quarterback's worst nightmare. Warrior. Champion. And...virgin. Knox knows what he wants--and he gets it. All American Football player? Check. NFL pros scouting him? Check. Now, he's set his sight on two things. The national title. And Ellie Campbell. Sure, she's the sister of his fellow teammate, but that's not going to stop him. Especially not when he’s convinced Ellie is the one. 

...but he's never met her before. 

But Ellie isn't as sure. She's trying to start a new life and she's not interested in a relationship...with anyone. Beside it's not just her cardinal rule of never dating her brother's teammates that keeps her away, but Ellie has a dark secret that would jeopardize everything Knox is pursuing. 

Knox has no intention of losing. Ellie has no intention of giving in.

My Review

I am in love with this book more than anything! I think this is one of those book that were made for me. I don't know about anyone else but this book hooked me with its twists, bumps and characters. Knox is
a one of a kind hero and knowing that he's a fully pledge virgin? Well, that is the main reason why I read the book.

After reading the books' synopsis I then knew I was going to read it ASAP. I had other books on queue but I chose to read this one because I was so intrigued with the thought that the male lead character is a virgin. I mean, that is very new to me and a lot of books that I've read before features a very manwhore hero so I decided to read this and maybe tone my whoring heroes down and gladly this book has offered me a very unique characters and an even more unique plot.

 Ellie is a really interesting character. She came of really strong and clever to me in the very first chapter of the book. One of the smartest female lead I have encountered in the years of reading. She was strong and at the same time weak. She's strong when she faces challenges that is in her control (and we all have the right to be) at the same time she is weak because she lets her parents downgrade her and she lets her guilt (which reason is for the good) eat her.

 Knox was all through out perfect. As in he held my heart in his palm and took care of it up until the end of the book. I am sure I drowned with all the football talks though and it made me dizzy when they started referring to it (because I literally have not more than 30% of what they're talking about) at some point of their conversations. I also think that Knox keeping his D in his pants was very noble of him. He was obviously very horny and I don't even know how he survived being a horny teenager because he was obviously going at it a little while after he met Ellie (that scene is definitely one of my favorites).

 The plot also aced my expectations and I was really happy with how it all went down. The things Ellie had to sacrifice and the things Knox had to overcome after their fall. I thought their ending was very cheesy though. I'm all down for that very romantic ending but this books' ending did and me did to meet half way. I got my hopes up with it but it ended up being a just 'okay' ending. Either way, I was glad I read this book fast and I was happy for the most part of it.

 Totally deserves my 4 stars.

0 comments