(BRT) Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)  
Book Title: BAD REP
Series: Bad Rep 1
Genre: New Adult
Author: A. Meredith Walters
Purchase on AMAZON

Book Overview

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes". 

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?

My Review

Honestly, getting to the end of the book wasn't easy. I was even a bit hesitant to finish the whole story but miraculously I did. The amount of Drama
spilled in this book was too much for me to take that I decide to just skip parts.

Maysie's life was not exactly on the right track and she has a huge financial problem she decided to solve on her own. Rocker Jordan is a bit rough on the outside and he just couldn't resist to temptation that is Maysie. Talking about the story-line, it was great and it was totally mean girl-ish which is cool but just Maysie being weak was too much to handle. Her character in general was too much to handle.

It did not please me to know that Jordan was not, in fact, single. That was one of the reasons why I didn't like him too much even if he was portrayed really well in the book. Add that to the fact that Maysie however is a bit too much. All the rumors and issues sent me to another world of sympathy. I feel for them. I feel for the relationship they try so hard to build.

There is no doubt that the book was good and that the author wrote one book that is worth reading for those who loves having a college alpha male. In the end I did get that the book was about standing up for one self and to be brave and protect what it is that you really want. I couldn't say that I really liked it but it was Okay, even if there were parts that I skipped, it's just that I got a bit fed up by the drama that it caused me to spiral away from the book.

0 comments