WeekEnd Read: Beauty and The Boss by Diane Alberts


Beauty and the Boss (Modern Fairytales #1)  
Book Title: Beauty and The Boss
Series: Modern Fairytales 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Diane Alberts

Book Overview

Beauty is about to tame her beast...

Researcher Maggie Donovan has no luck with men, and it doesn't help that she can't keep her eyes off of her sexy boss - the one everyone else in the office calls The Beast. Relationships in the office are forbidden. So no one is more surprised than Maggie when she pretends to be his fiancée to save him during a difficult situation. Not only has she put her job on the line, but the future of the company.

Billionaire Benjamin Gale III doesn't believe in love or romance, but the look on his mother's face when Maggie tells her that she's his fiancée is worth millions. Instead of firing her for her insubordination, he goes along with the ruse. In his arms-and in his bed-she'd be everything he could ever want…which is why he can't have her.

But if he doesn't let her go, they'll lose everything…

My Review

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

If I try and sum the book up it would be that it was satisfying and I was happy when it ended. To be honest, Yeah, it was really predictable but there were somethings in the book that weren't which were worth the read. What really didn't sit well inside me is when I started reading it I though it was going to be hot read because, well, the boss is a beast and I expected Maggie to be feisty but she wasn't. She was cute, independent and all but she wasn't what I wanted her to be.

Anyway, the book was absolutely satisfying when I got to the end. I was a bit shaken by the twist because that one I was not expecting and then after that there was the usual drama and then it ended. I thought Maggi and Benji were cute with their push and pull and.. Oh. and I love it when Maggie Hesitates. I loved reading Ben getting frustrated and trying hard to stop himself from reacting, from falling and from showing too much emotions. He is so not a good actor. I also like the way their first date turned out. I haven't read a book with the kind of start like theirs so that totally marked me and I'll surely remember this one. Cheers for these 4 Stars.

0 comments