(BRT) The Vanilla Bet by Ella Emerson


The Vanilla Bet  
Book Title: The Vanilla Bet
Series: Palm Beach Princess #1 
Genre: Romantic Suspense/Mystery
Author: Ella Emerson

Book Overview

Handsome bad boy college student Trace Weston surfs, parties, and has a blast in the Palm Beaches as much as possible, sometimes avoiding class and definitely not excited about his imminent future working for his father's company. Lovely Vanessa Summers has escaped a dark, haunting past and moved to Florida to attend the same school and study writing. When she meets Trace, she is instantly taken with his irresistible charm. The bad news: she meets him because he’s lost a poker bet and is sentenced to a 30-day "vanilla" relationship with this girl he knows nothing about. While both Trace and Vanessa struggle to keep their secrets hidden, they can’t deny how attracted and excited they are about each other. But their pasts and promises threaten to erupt around them. Will they be able to find who and what is trying to keep them apart and still not lose The Vanilla Bet?

This book is not suitable for persons under the age of 18. STRONG LANGUAGE, SEXUAL MATERIAL, and INTENSE VIOLENCE.

My Review

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

He's no bad boy. He's spoiled and confident that's what he is. He's confidence is exactly what brought him to the chaos that is Vanessa. Vanilla Vanessa. I haven't really explored the Genre that's why I find it funny how I was really expecting a rough suspense but I got the suspense nevertheless.

The plot is great. Absolutely. What had me stuck when I got to the end was that I had not felt that Trace was really in to Vanessa. People might disagree with me on this but, a little grovel on Trace's part could be good, but I guess the roughing up that Vanessa experienced was an eye opener for both of them. Yes, it was stated and it was there but, I didn't get the connection. That's my only hang-up.

The suspense was great though. I applauded that cause it kept me guessing and when I finally narrowed my suspect it all but went out of the window. I have a feeling this book could be perfect for those who loves to read suspense with a romance on the side. Again, the storyline was amazing and the characters were both great. I haven't read any book from the author yet but this book of hers is not disappointing.

JOIN THE GIVE AWAY!
There is a giveaway for a a giveaway for a signed paperback of The Vanilla Bet (US only)

0 comments