(BRT) Unexpected Forfeit by Sapphire Knight

Unexpected Forfeit (Ground and Pound, #1)  
Book Title: Unexpected Forfeit
Series: Ground and Pound 1
Genre: Contemporary/MMA Romance
Author: Sapphire Knight
Purchase: AMAZON USUKAU

Book Overview

Chyna

Every chance I get, I go to watch the local fights.
I crave the excitement and the rush as it courses through my body, with the sounds of fists meeting flesh.

It’s not just the blood or the hard bodies that keeps me coming back each time, wanting more.
It’s Jace ‘King’ Kash and his artic blue eyes. He has fists made of steel with a body honed for speed. He’s breathtaking to watch in the cage. The King easily brings men to their knees, and then graciously helps them up when he’s finished.

Getting introduced to him was thrilling, falling in love with him, unexpected.
Jace comes pounding through, waking my mind and body up; showing me what I was missing out on in my life.
He makes me realize what I could have and that what doesn’t destroy me, will eventually make me stronger.

Jace


Illusions, life is full of them. My life wasn’t always like it is now, how it appears from the outside.
I was drowning in drugs, gangs and in my brother’s bad decisions.
So, I did what I do best, I fought my way out. I keep fighting, using every asset I have and attempting to get as far away from my past as possible.

Chyna enters into my life right as I’m prepping for the biggest fight of my existence.
I wasn’t looking for any new distractions, but she becomes my personal drug of choice, begging me to use her.
Unfortunately, Chyna’s not the only person that show’s up out of the blue.
When my past decides to go after my girl, it’s my turn to make it rain, to make it hurt.
I refuse to let it destroy me this time, dragging her down in the process. I just hope she can make it through the last round beside me and not forfeit.

Once that bell rings, watch out, because I will come for you, I will hunt you down and fight to the death.
I’m the King, I won’t be defeated.

My Review

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

Jace and Chyna are both hilarious acts. Chyna's very active and bubbly while Jace is very alpha like and really really sappy when he started feeling something for Chyna. In totality the book made me laugh and smile. But, I really really wanted more. I want so bad to see them having their own family and how Jace handles it because I keep imagining how cute that would be.

Both of them learned a lot from their pasts. Jace grew up with his very abusive family while Chyna has had it with people leaving her behind. After the fall out of Chyna's last relationship she has been somewhat hesitant in giving it all to anymore guys she meets. What started out as a crush became more when Chyna and Jace danced on that club dance floor. I like that this book seems like a short read to me but there were a lot of things that actually happened to them.

I loved most of the parts in the book except from those times Chyna's working. I don't get those parts and sometimes I don't really take time to read it. This is actually my first book from Sapphire Knight and I believe my 4 stars fit exactly with this book.
JOIN THE GIVE AWAY!
There is a giveaway for a winner’s choice of a signed paperback of Sapphire Knights (US ONLY)

0 comments