"Pitch Perfect 2" Movie Review

  
Movie Title: Pitch Perfect 2 
Director: Elizabeth Banks

Movie Overview

After a humiliating command performance at Lincoln Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has ever won in order to regain their status and right to perform.




My Review


TRUTH: I did not want to watch this movie. 

Let me just say that I was having mega second thoughts about watching this movie because I was just not interested. I don't even know why I feel that way but I do know that when I watched the trailer I did not feel that spark. You know, that SPARK
that makes you want to watch it. I honestly told myself I don't think the movie is worth it. Now, after watching it I'm relieved that it went okay and I actually enjoyed it because I did not want to stand by my first impression. Everyone and I mean everyone of my friends told me it was good so I decide that I was going to watch it.

So Becca is now the leader of the Barden Bellas and she is now a senior and on her way to the 'real world' which she takes seriously. Her atittude toward the whole movie was acceptable. She wanted to be part of the group and at the same time she wanted to prepare herself by the time she graduates so she interns in this recording studio without telling her bella group, and this is the part that I don't stand. She stated in the movie that her reasons for not telling her bella's is because they will think she would be distracted and wouldn't focus on the goal they set, which is exactly what happened. I really think part of the reason why they had to go to that camp and try to find their 'melody' or 'harmony' or something is because of Becca. As mentioned, she is the leader of the band and she should be responsible enough to tend to her group.

Really, it was okay that she interns and then be part of the Bella's but she needs to manage her time. She isn't always around that much in the group and most importantly she was suppose to be the one to facilitate their group. So, all I could really say is that I was irritated by Becca's attitude but at the same time I understand her and I guess that's what makes the story of the movie. I really expected a lot from this and this is what I hate about already great movies having a series. I feel like the movie was solely for the purpose of having a second part to please the majority of it's fandom and not to produce a high quality movie that people would really appreciate and leave them to talk about the movie for the rest of their life.

This movie isn't memorable enough to really make me want to watch the third one (if ever there is). I barely thought the first one was memorable but this one, if I was asked what I remember of this my answer would only be, Fat Amy and her witty mouth and her wrecking ball performance. Also, if I wasn't so interested in seeing the part where they sang the trending song 'Flashlight' I don't think I would've continued sitting there and watch the whole movie.

3/5

0 comments